In this tutorial, you will learn how to take basic text to a new level using any version of Photoshop CS.
1. Start off with your text by creating a new image and using the text tool to type your message:
2. Now add an outline! Make sure that your text layer is selected in the “layers” panel on the right-hand side. Click layer>layer style>then select “Stroke.” Match your settings to mine, changing the color and size to fit your liking:
3. Make your text 3D by selecting the “Bevel and Emboss” option, also under layer>layer style. Match your settings to mine, or play with them for a unique effect:
4. Add a drop shadow by selecting “drop shadow” and using these settings:
5. Now, for a pattern. (Click here for a tutorial about downloading patterns & brushes!) Select “pattern overlay” and choose a pattern from your saved patterns.